There’s lots going on at EC, but Sado is also a great place to relax and take in the traditional surroundings of an island that still offers a nostalgic taste of old Japan. We hope you’ll take advantage of all EC has to offer, but we also hope you’ll leave some time in your schedule to let things unfold as they come.
Preparing for the Weather
The sun on midsummer Sado is stronger than you might think. You are likely to spend a lot of time soaking up rays at EC, so don’t forget your sunblock. You will also need a hat, and please make sure you drink plenty of water while you are here to protect yourself from dehydration and sunstroke. But while the days are hot, the nights can suddenly become cool, so be sure to bring along some warm clothing for the evenings. Concerts will not be canceled in the event of rain, so please be sure to bring along rain gear as well. Please do not use umbrellas in the concert venue as they can block the view of the people sitting behind you.
Things to See and Do in Ogi
Check the EC Free Pamphlet for information on Ogi, and feel free to stop in and ask for details at the EC Information Centre.
Sado Tourist Information
Stop by the EC Info Centre for Sado sightseeing pamphlets, island bus schedules, etc.
If you want to camp at Earth Celebration, Sobama Beach is the place. It’s just a 15-minute ride from Ogi. A special shuttle-bus service to the beach is offered during the festival, with roundtrips every hour between the EC Info Centre and Sobama Campground. It’s also a great place for swimming and BBQs. Please check in at the EC Info Centre for details.
Onsen (Hot springs)
There are hot-spring baths in Ogi. How about a slow soak before the concert
- 10:00 – 21:00
Fee: 420 yen
Places to Eat and Drink
There are plenty of places to eat and drink in the Ogi Shopping Arcade and at Harbour Market. Look for detailed info at the festival. Although there are a few supermarkets in Ogi, there is no 24-hour convenience store, and it takes about 10 minutes by car to the closest one located in the Hamochi area.
Luggage Courier Services
You can send your camping gear and other luggage to the EC venue through Yamato Transport’s courier service. Simply send it from a convenience store from anywhere in Japan, or use their pickup service to send bags right from your home. There is also a Yamato booth opposite the Harbour Market where you can store bags on a daily basis or send them home after EC.
- Luggage pickup service:
- To have your luggage shipped directly from your home (in Japan only), please call the Yamato Transport Customer Service Center.
- Yamato Transport Customer Service Center Tel. 03-3541-3411
- Sending luggage to Sado:
- Please write the following on the Address Label:
- Delivery address : EC Harbour Market-mae Yamato Unyu Shucchojo Ogi Minato Koen, Ogi-machi, Sado-shi, Niigata-ken, 952-0604
- Your full name
- Your mobile phone number or Sado accommodation phone number
- Operation hours for luggage collection & storage at EC:
- Aug. 21 (Thu) 14:00 – 18:00
- Aug. 22 (Fri) 9:00 – 22:00
- Aug. 23 (Sat) 9:00 – 22:00
- Aug. 24 (Sun) 9:00 – 22:00
- Aug. 25 (Mon) 9:00 – 12:00
- Luggage pickup location:
- Yamato Transport Service Counter opposite EC Harbour Market (Ogi Port Park)
- Luggage accepted for shipment after 13:00 will be sent the following day.
- Luggage storage fee: 500 yen/day (per piece)
* Valuables, perishables, and animals cannot be stored.
* After 22:00 when the booth closes, luggage will be taken to the Yamato Transport Co., Ltd South Sado Center for overnight storage.
- Please note:
- Please retain your shipping receipt and bring it to EC with you to collect your luggage.
- Certain containers and items cannot be sent by courier. If in doubt, please check in advance with Yamato Transport.
- Using the delivery service is subject to a contract between the customer and shipping company. The Earth Celebration Committee cannot take any responsibility for any damage or loss of items that may occur while using this service.
- If the total of length, width, and height added together is greater than 160cm, certain convenience stores will not be able to send your luggage. For details, please contact the Yamato Transport Customer Service Center.
- If you have any further questions, please ask your local courier.
Yamato Transport Co., Ltd. South Sado Center
- 0259-81-3100 (Japanese assistance only)
- Customer Service Center:
- To have your luggage picked up from your house (in Japan only), please call the Yamato Transport Customer Service Center
- Yamato Transport Co., Ltd.
There are only 3 ATMs in Ogi: a JA Sado ATM and a Daishi Bank ATM (No English menu/Japanese bank cards only) next to the EC Info Centre, and a Post Office ATM (English menu/accepts certain foreign-issued cards) about an 8-min walk from the EC Info Centre. Please note that most stores in Ogi do not accept credit cards. EC tickets must be purchased at EC with cash, as credit cards are not accepted at the EC box offices or EC Official Shop.
- Daishi Bank ATM:
- Mon – Fri 8:45 – 19:00, Sat/Sun 9:00 – 19:00.
- Post Office ATM:
- Mon – Fri 8:45 – 18:00, Sat 9:00 – 17:00, Sun 9:00 – 14:00.
*Accepts certain foreign-issued credit cards. Click here for Post Office ATM details.
International ATM Service – JAPAN POST BANK
- JA Sado ATM:
- Mon – Fri 8:45 – 19:00, Sat/Sun 9:00 – 19:00.
Lost and Found
If you lose something while at the festival, or find something someone else has left behind, please stop in at the EC Information Centre. Please note that we don’t handle valuables at the EC Info Centre lost and found; all valuables (wallets, purses, etc.) should be taken to the police station just down the road.