To All Earth Celebration Guests
Earth Celebration is an event that is made possible by the cooperation of countless people and with the understanding of the local communities. In order for everyone to be able to enjoy the festival fully and without any trouble, we ask that you observe these rules:
Illegal activities such as driving while intoxicated, illegal parking, underage drinking and smoking, and possession of any illegal substance or objects are strictly prohibited.
Please avoid the playing of taiko drums and other musical instruments, intoxication and loud parties at night at the Harbour Market, public parks and campsites and anywhere else where such activities would cause trouble for local neighbors or other participants. Furthermore, in the event that any such disorderly conduct takes place within the Harbour Market Live venue, the responsible parties and their group will be expelled from the venue.
We do not take any responsibility for any accidents, thefts or any other incidents that take place within any EC venue. Please be aware and responsible for your own possessions.
There are limited garbage receptacles in concert venues and surrounding areas. As much as possible please take your own garbage home and follow the guidelines for separating your garbage and recyclables.
Notices about all EC events
If there is availability for any event, tickets will be available for purchase on the day-of. Please check the box office.
* Box Office Information during EC
8/17 (Thur) 13:00~17:00 EC Information Centre (Marine Plaza 1Fl)
8/18 (Fri) – 20 (Sun) 9:00~19:30 Box Office @ Harbour Market
- Harbour Market Concerts
1) 8/18 (Fri) KODO & Tatsuya Kajiwara Special Unit x BRAHMAN is standing room only. Viewing from picnic blankets and folding chairs will be available only behind the main audience area.
2) 8/19 (Sat) Drums & Voices x KODO x Masakatsu Takagi “Yama Emi” and 8/20 (Sun) EC 30th Anniversary Celebration Concert will have audiences viewing from the lawn. Please bring your own picnic blankets. Viewing from folding chairs will be available only behind the main audience area.
* There will be no color-coded timed entry vouchers distributed this year.
* Camping etc. is prohibited at Harbour Market.
* Children age 3 and under are welcome.
Changeover from the Fringe venue (free event) to Harbour Market Live venue (ticketed event):
14:00 Fringe performances end
• The area in front of the stand-by line (beginning in the middle of the audience seating area / indicated by signs) will be a No Entry zone in order to secure the stage transition.
• The area behind the stand-by line will be designated the waiting area (free entry and re-entry until 17:30)
17:30 Wristbands checked for those in the waiting area
• Guests without wristbands will be asked to exit the area.
• Beginning at this time, guests must enter and exit from the designated entrances at the back of the audience area. Wristbands will be checked.
18:00 Staff will instruct audiences to move from the waiting area to the front of the audience area.
19:00 Performances start.
20:30 Curtain (approximate time)
21:00 The area in front of the stand-by line (beginning in the middle of the audience seating area / indicated by signs) will be a No Entry zone in order to secure the stage transition.
- EC Theatre
1) The venue (Shukunegi Community Hall) is about a 10-minute drive by car from Ogi. There is parking available nearby.
2) During the day, there will be a bus connecting Ogi ~ Shukunegi ~ Tatako-kan (Sado Island Taiko Centre), a route that takes approximately 30 minutes.
3) All tickets are for general seating on folding chairs. There will be no timed entry vouchers.
4) Children age 3 and under are welcome. Please have small children watch performances from their parent or guardian’s lap.
- Workshops (WS)
Notes applicable to all WS
1) Bachi (taiko drumsticks) will be available for rent.
2) For all workshops, please be dressed comfortably for movement and bring a towel to wipe away sweat. Please bring appropriate footwear as needed, including jikatabi (tabi boots) or sneakers. If you prefer to be barefoot, that is fine as well.
3) No observers are permitted to WS.
Kodo Ticketing Service
Tel. 0259-86-2330 (Mon~Fri 9:30~17:00)
Regarding audio and video recordings
- Harbour Market Live Concerts, EC Theatre
Video and audio recordings, live broadcasting of performances via UStream and other platforms are strictly prohibited. Whether through from smartphone, tablet, cell phone, recorder and/or laptop, if you are caught recording performances, you will be required to delete the recording data from your devices. Failure to comply will result in expulsion from the venue.
Video and audio recordings, live broadcasting of performances via UStream and other platforms are strictly prohibited. Photographs may be taken after workshops of participants and instructors, but we ask that you be mindful of inconveniencing the other participants.
- Events at the Fringe and Harbour Market
We have no restrictions on video and audio recordings, live broadcasting of performances via UStream and other platforms. However we ask that you be mindful of inconveniencing other attendees. The same consideration also applies to programs featuring KODO members. In some cases, at the request of artists performing in the Fringe, we may prohibit video and audio recordings. Furthermore, we ask for your cooperation if a staff member requests that you move or change your recording location or methods.
Earth Celebration Executive Committee takes no responsibility for any conflicts or trouble that may arise from copyright issues regarding photographs or videos taken by audience members.
- Regarding official cameramen and the press
The Earth Celebration Executive Committee has official camerapersons documenting events for archival and promotional purposes. We also permit members of the press who have submitted requests to document and cover events.
Official cameraperson: black armbands (KODO)
Members of the press authorized by EC Executive Committee: blue armbands (Earth Celebration Press)
These authorized parties may be documenting audiences at the Harbour Market Live concerts and other EC venues; if you prefer not to be photographed or filmed, please do not hesitate inform the cameraperson directly.
Earth Celebration Committee
- Kodo Village, 148-1 Ogi Kanetashinden, Sado, Niigata 952-0611, Japan
- Tel. （Mon-Fri, 9:30-17:00）Fax. 0259-86-3631
- Email: email@example.com