The Shiroyama Concerts, EC’s main concert events, take place up on the hill in Shiroyama Park’s lush green surroundings. A star-filled sky and the chirp of cicadas complete this natural outdoor arena. What better place to celebrate the earth
Shiroyama Concert Venue
About a 10-minute walk from Ogi Port, Shiroyama Park is home to EC’s outdoor concerts every year. The path leading up from Kisaki Shrine opens into a lush natural amphitheatre where you can sit on the grass and enjoy the show.
All seating in Shiroyama Park is general-admission, outdoor seating on the lawn. In order to make things smoother for everyone at the concert entrance, Entrance Order Colour Cards are distributed prior to each concert, and card-holders are admitted to the venue according to the colour on their card. For details, please visithere.
The Walk Up to Shiroyama Park
The path leading up to Shiroyama Park is extremely steep (166m long, average gradient of 21% ). For anyone who requires physical assistance entering the venue, a special shuttle is available. Please register ahead of time by calling the EC Committee (0259-81-4100) , or register at the EC Info Centre during the festival.
Shiroyama Park offers only free seating directly on the park’s lawn. The lawn can get damp from dew or rain so we recommend bringing a ground cloth or plastic sheet to sit on.
Consuming Alcoholic Beverages in Shiroyama Park
Inside Shiroyama Park, drinks (beer, chuhai, soft drinks, and water only) and snacks are available at the refreshment tent. The Shiroyama Concerts are a place to relax and have fun, which for many people includes picnicking on the lawn, but please help us keep the atmosphere in the venue enjoyable for everyone. Bringing your own food and drinks into the concert venue is allowed, but we ask for your utmost cooperation in adhering to the following guidelines. Also, please note that draft beer is sold in reusable cups, so be sure to return used cups to the designated collection point.
- Please do not bring ANY glass containers into the park. This includes bottled beverages and/or glass cups, etc.
- Please eat and drink only in the seating area, and refrain from walking around the venue with open containers or drinking in the dance area.
- You and your group may be asked to leave the venue if excessive drinking creates a disturbance to other audience members around you.
Dealing with Trash at EC
Both in Shiroyama Park and at other festival venues at EC, the number of trash cans are limited. As much as possible, we ask you to please leave each venue with all of the trash you have brought with you. When using the trash cans inside the venues, please check for separation of burnables, non-burnables, and recyclables and make sure to put your trash in the corresponding container!
Sado Island has been promoting the “Reduce Event Waste Project” since 2008 and Earth Celebration is one of its role-model events. Our “EC+O Project” (eco project) has formed alliances with various environmental groups, and together we continue our effort to reduce, recycle and reuse.
EC Information Tent
There is an EC Information tent at the rear of the concert venue. Please check here if you lose something in the Shiroyama Concert venue.
Please note that we don’t handle valuables: all valuables (wallets, purses, etc.) should be taken to the police station just down the road.
Rest rooms are located at the top of the hill as you enter the concert venue. A wheelchair-friendly facility is also available.
There is a first-aid tent at the rear of the concert venue. Please inform EC Staff if you or someone else in the venue requires medical attention.
- Shiroyama Concerts will be held in the event of light rain. However, if the presenter deems the concert cannot be held safely outdoors, the concert will be canceled.
- Photography and video or audio recording during the performances are strictly prohibited. Anyone found to be using recording equipment may be asked to hand over their equipment until the end of the concert.
- Please TURN OFF your cellular phones before the performance begins.
- Please understand that the start of a performance may be delayed to ensure the safety of audience members.
- Please understand that performing members and performance times may be changed due to circumstances beyond our control.
- Please do not bring pets into the venue (guide dogs are welcome).
- Smoking is not allowed in the seating area. Please smoke only in the designated smoking area.
- Please do not enter the roped-off areas beyond the concert venue area. Camping is not allowed in the park.
- Parking facilities in Ogi are limited. Please refrain from driving to event venues whenever possible, and be sure not to park your car in front of people’s homes, or anywhere else where they may cause an obstruction.
- Please do not park bicycles anywhere near the entrance to Kisaki Shrine.
- Please understand the presenter cannot be held responsible for any accidents, loss, or theft that occur at Earth Celebration.