*Lecture in Japanese only.
Shukunegi Village is home to shipbuilders and a large Chinese junk sailing ship (sengokubune). Join young researchers and follow the footsteps of folklorist Tsuneichi Miyamoto, who realized the village’s structure and value early on. This lecture will be held at the retro-style former school building that houses the Ogi Folk Museum.
- Date & Time
- Aug. 19 (Sun) 9:30 – 12:30
- Assemble/Drop Off
- In front of Marine Plaza Ogi
- 3,000 yen
- Ages 10 & over. (Primary school students (ages 10-12) must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian)
- 20 people
- Itinerary (TBC)
- 9:30 Meet in front of Marine Plaza Ogi, registration
Travel by bus
11:15-12:15 Look around the Ogi Folk Museum
Travel by bus
12:30 Drop-off in front of Marine Plaza Ogi
- Takehisa Kadota (Assistant teacher, College of Tourism, Rikkyo University)
Kiyoshi Sugimoto (Full-time lecturer, School of Letters, Tokai University)
Ichirobee Takafuji (Head of Kitamae Koeki Kenkyujo)
- Tokyo Metropolitan University, Shukunegi Jichikai
- Lecture will be held in Japanese only.
If you wish to meet or finish at Ogi Folk Museum instead, please inform the organizer in advance.
- *This lecture does not include time to look around the village. Shukunegi Village is the only in Niigata and from Aug. 17 through 19 junior high school students will be working as volunteer tour guides during the day. Reservations are not required, so just go along and let them show you around.
Join the Sado Experience Festival
To participate in the courses, please see the details on the page below.
NPO Shimamirai Fax. 0259-81-4567
Sado Experience Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presenter: Sado Experience Festival Committee