*Guidance in Japanese only.
Enjoy a cool, refreshing walk in the forest on the Osado Mountain Range and see the Ishina natural cedar trees, which have been warped by strong winds and snow in the harsh winter season. A local Sado eco tour guide will lead the way.
Photos Supplied by: Sado Tourism Association
- Date & Time
- Aug. 17 (Fri) 12:00 – 16:30
- Assembly Place
- Ferry Exit Ticket Gate, Ryotsu Port
- Drop-Off Place
- In front of Marine Plaza Ogi
- 4,000 yen
- Ages 10 & over. (Primary school students (ages 10-12) must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian)
- 20 people
- Itinerary (TBC)
- 12:00 Assemble at Ferry Exit Ticket Gate, Ryotsu Port, registration, travel by bus
13:10 – 14:30 Osado Natural Giant Cedar Forest Walk
Travel by bus to Ogi
16:30 Drop-off in front of Marine Plaza Ogi
- Sado Eco Tour Guide Association
- Items to Bring
- Sneakers (sandals not allowed), rain wear, hat, drink
- Guidance is in Japanese only.
A staff member holding a sign will meet you at the Ryotsu Ferry Exit Ticket Gate. After you take a one-hour walk on the Osado Natural Giant Cedar Forest Walk, the bus will take you to Ogi to arrive in time for the Shiroyama Concert venue opening. This walk will go ahead even in rain, but the tour may be cancelled subject to mountain weather conditions.
- *The pristine cedar trees displayed in an exhibit at the Hokkaido Toyako G8 Summit are found in a different area, not on this walking track. For details about trekking and hiking near the Niigata University Research Forest, please visit this website: http://sado-eco.com
Join the Sado Experience Festival
To participate in the courses, please see the details on the page below.
NPO Shimamirai Fax. 0259-81-4567
Sado Experience Email Address: email@example.com
Presenter: Sado Experience Festival Committee